Driving and Vision Care
Driving, whether it is long distance or your normal commute, can result in dehydration of the eyes, or dry eye. The confined space of the car, combined with the heating/air systems in the vehicle, sun/road glare, and environmental conditions can cause the tear film of the eye to lose moisture. When this happens, the eyes can feel dry, fatigued, and itchy.
Quick and simple tips for the everyday driver, to reduce fatigue and protect vision.
- Smoking while driving is especially unhealthy because of the confined space. It addition to damaging lungs and heart, cigarette smoke is extremely irritating to eyes – even with a window opened.
- Drink plenty of water while driving.
- Wear sunglasses: they can help reduce road glare.
- Eat foods with high water content, and easily digested foods.
- Get as much sleep as you can. Try to keep as normal a sleep schedule as possible.
- Keep Nature’s Tears EyeMist handy wherever you go. Mist when you get up in the morning, after naps, after showering or cleansing, whenever eyes or face feel tired or uncomfortable, and three or four times a day as you drive as a preventative.
Nature’s Tears EyeMist (@NaturesTears) is an all-natural mist for dry and irritated eyes that was developed by Bio Logic Aqua Research (@BioLogicAqua). It is gentle to use, and can be used as many times a day as needed. It can even be used while wearing contact lenses! Bio Logic Aqua Technologies Biomedical Research has developed a wealth of new information about caring for eyes and skin – the result of a decade of research into dry air and eye moisture.